Rhymes and Syllables Help
The following image shows the names of the text boxes on the form.
There are three ways to start the automatic search function.
1. The first way to start automatic search is to check the “Press Enter” check box, type a line of text, and then press Enter. The last word on the previous line will be placed in the SEARCH BOX and this word will be used to find rhymes.
2. The second way to start automatic search is to check the “Double Click” check box, and select a word from the POEM BOX by double clicking it. The word selected will be placed in the SEARCH BOX and this word will be used to find rhymes.
3. The third way to start automatic search is to type a word directly in the SEARCH BOX and click the “Auto” button. The word in the SEARCH BOX will be used to search for rhymes.
To have more control over your search, perform a manual search with these steps:
- Select the type of rhyme that you want to find: “Perfect”, “Consonants”, or “Vowels”.
- Check or un-check the “Match Stresses” and “Match Length” check boxes. Match Stresses matches the stresses of a word with the stresses at the end of the word of equal or greater length. Match Length refers to the length of the word in syllables.
- Type a word that you want to find rhymes for in the SEARCH BOX, and then press Enter.
- Select the pronunciation of the word that you want to use from the PRONUNCIATION BOX under the SEARCH BOX.
- Click the “- Sound” button to remove sounds to be matched, or click the “+ Sound” button to add sounds to be matched. The sounds to be matched are shown in the SOUNDS BOX.
- Click the “Search” button. The results will be listed in the SEARCH RESULTS BOX.